Thursday, March 01, 2007

Happy March 1st everyone!

Well, let's see if I can catch up on everything that I've missed the past 2 weeks.

Mom had her surgery on Feb 14th. It all went well and at her one week check-up, she was doing great. She went back two days ago for her 2 week check-up and it was a hard lump. Apparently, she healed too soon on the outside and was bleeding internally. So, they had to open her up and let the blood all drain out. Daddy's been changing the dressing on it every 15 minutes or so as of last night. I'll have to jingle them in a few hours and see how she's doing.

The great ceiling fan caper! Well, the man came last Saturday morning (a REAL electrician this time) and fixed it! It took him about 20 minutes. He said not only was it wired wrong, but the remote box that stays up in the ceiling for it wasn't programmed either. I told MaryAnn at Lowe's if they use that company again they are nuts! Not one of them that are 'installers' from that company are licensed electricians, but the company head bills them out like they are and actually tells them that they are. I found out differently just from asking them personally. Hmmm...

We all got sick again. We're all doing pretty good now. I've just got the tail end of mine and should be good as rain in about a week. Everyone is back in school today and I get to go disinfect the house once again. Not sure it does any good though. With all the kids that come through my house that have colds, etc. I told dd that no one was allowed in til the winter flu season was over now. PERIOD!

I started a new afghan that is made in squares. It is called the Pretty Patchwork. Here's the book that it's on the cover of:



The difference in mine will be that instead of using a pink and purple with the white, I will be using all different colors. I think it will make it really interesting and fun too!

I am also starting a new afghan for ME (yes, one actually for me since hubby took my H and D over). It's sooo perrrty too! It is white, dk blue and lt blue. Let me see if I can find a pic of it and I'll post it here when I do. If not, I'll take a pic of the page in the book and share.

I am almost finished with yet another baby pineapple ghan. I LOVE this baby afghan and it's so soothing to work on. I never tire of making them. I think I've probably made about 15-20 of them in the past year.

Well, hopefully I've caught everyone up and if you have any questions, please leave a message and I'll get back to you!

HUGGERS!!

No comments:

Google


The WeatherPixie

My Finishes

2008 Finishes
2007 Finishes

About Me

My photo
God is the head of my life. I have been an avid crocheter since I was 8 years old. Afghans of any size or skill level are my favorite thing to stitch. I have also been cross stitching since I was 23 years old as well. I love to read, work in the garden and especially spend time with my family.
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive