Saturday, March 22, 2008

HAPPY EASTER to all my family and friends!

He is RISEN!!! And I'm so glad He did! Because he died and rose again, it made it possible that through His shed blood that we are eternally forgiven and have a place in Heaven with crowns of glory! We also have the Holy Spirit that lives within us to be our conscience. I pray and hope that you also have a personal relationship with Jesus the Christ.

We have ds's friend spending the weekend with us. His parents went to a funeral for her Mom and since it was the 2nd one and a 5 hour drive away, the kids didn't want to go. The girls are old enough to be at the house by themselves, but the boy isn't and he wouldn't have much fun with just his sisters, so he's here sharing Easter with us. Makes ds very happy as they are best friends.

We had a pretty decent day today towards around 5pm. Got pretty nice. Dh went out and mowed the yards and de-weeded a bit in the front of the house.

I had a breakdown moment today in a grocery store. It has been 6 weeks today since my Mom's passing. I haven't really dealt with my Mom's death. I mean, I cried really hard the first couple of days after she passed, but then every time I'd start to break down I'd stop myself. I guess I just don't want to deal with it yet. Well today...dh and I are walking past a couple of women and one of them has on the Este' Lauder that my Mom had religiously worn forever. At least all of my lifetime plus years. I turned and asked if it was that perfume and her dd said yes...then kind of snotty said...you can smell her coming a mile away. If I hadn't already been starting to break down, I would have turned back around and said...AT LEAST YOU HAVE HER HERE TO SMELL A MILE AWAY!!!

I don't understand it I guess. I have always had a great relationship with my Mom. My dad and I have had ups and downs when I was a teen, but I never stopped loving him or wanting to be with him. It may have come from my grand parents dying when I was pretty young. 3 and 8 years old with my grpas and the year I was 11 I lost both of my grmas. It was hard not having grparents. When I got married I adopted my dh's grparents as my own.

I'd say long story short, but it's too late...lol... Just love your family and let them know that you love them. You never know when they will be taken away from you. I can honestly say that I have no regrets in my relationship with my Mom. And I miss her dearly.

Okay...so the rain is supposed to come back tomorrow and be 20* colder than today. Today started Easter break for my kids. Well, my high schooler it did. My elementary child started it Thursday. lol We've not got too big of plans as dd is up for being an extra in a movie being filmed in Portland, OR. If she gets the call this week, we have to fly up there at a moments notice. So, we figured we would go swimming a couple days this week and just pretty much take it easy as we've all be SO busy the past few months.

Hugs all and have a very Happy Easter! I'm off to dye eggs with the kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! HE is Risen indeed!!

Swimming. I had to LOL about that. We still have a foot of snow in our yard. :-)

Nancy said...

Lani, this is an indoor pool. It's TOO COLD here to go outdoor pooling yet.

HUGS!

Google


The WeatherPixie

My Finishes

2008 Finishes
2007 Finishes

About Me

My photo
God is the head of my life. I have been an avid crocheter since I was 8 years old. Afghans of any size or skill level are my favorite thing to stitch. I have also been cross stitching since I was 23 years old as well. I love to read, work in the garden and especially spend time with my family.
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive