First, let me say thank you to all who are praying for my Mom, Dad and family. I don't know that this will get any easier at any time and it's just really comforting to know that you are praying.
I got to talk with Mom today. She told me that she loved the flowers that I sent and that she loved me. It's about all she can get out. Since the strokes she doesn't talk much, but always tells me she loves me. And I tell her a zillion times how much I love her. Dad says that she sits and listens to me saying it with a big smile on her face. I don't know how many of you know how truly close I am to my parents. Especially my Mom. I became closer to my Dad once I was married. Teen life wasn't so great between me and my Dad. lol
Mom even talked to Noah today. It was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes. He just kept saying Grandma...I love you so much. Over and over. When he was done I asked if she said anything to him and he said she did. She told him a few times that she loved him too. I'm hoping to get Ryann to talk with her this afternoon at some point.
Dad is doing better now that she's come through surgery. He said the aides came in today and found him sitting there next to Mom just crying his eyes out while Mom was sleeping. She's pretty doped up on pain meds as would be expected after what she went through. But my sister and I told him it was good that he was crying and who cares WHO sees him do it. And that it was healthy to cry and not hold it all in.
She got moved to the care facility she was in before the fall yesterday. They have moved her bed into a different position so that she can't try to get out of bed anymore. Oh yea....Houdini had NOTHING on my Mom. lol But, with this hip break we don't think she'll be trying to get out of bed now. Dad said though, that she can't see her tv and he's paying $40 a month for cable for her. He was going to see if they could change something around so that she can watch tv.
So, that's all today. And it literally is a day by day thing now. She's talking a lot about her parents. Mind you, they both died in the late 60's and early 70's. She calls out her sisters' names. Dad doesn't know if it's because she wants to see them, or she wants the dolls that they made for her.
Anywhooo...thank you again for prayers. They mean the world to us all.
HUGS!
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Finishes
2008 Finishes
2007 Finishes
2007 Finishes
About Me
- Nancy
- God is the head of my life. I have been an avid crocheter since I was 8 years old. Afghans of any size or skill level are my favorite thing to stitch. I have also been cross stitching since I was 23 years old as well. I love to read, work in the garden and especially spend time with my family.


2 comments:
Hang in there, Nancy! My prayers are with you and your family. {hugs}
Thank you Sue. It really does mean the world.
HUGS!
Post a Comment